StoryShop.io General Feedback

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add "The Heroine's Journey" and "The Heroic/Tragic Plot Embryo" as beat sheets

Google "Rachael Stephen's Tragic Plot Embryo", and "Victoria Lynn Schmidt's Heroine's Journey" for the versions I like best - but there are other versions available, too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. select one scene

I would like to be able to select one scene and work only with that scene in writer, not a continuous text of the whole books broken only by dotted lines. I can't see how to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add the ability to have multiple worlds in one book

I've got a 'portal fantasy' story coming up, with the story split fairly evenly between the 'mundane' and 'fantastic' worlds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. family

It would be really useful to be able to tag characters to a particular family / friendship group / work group / squad so you can see everyone in that group in one place.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Story Time Line

Would be great if there was a feature where you could create a timeline with system of dates, etc. This would be incredibly helpful, especially when creating a world that has a lot of events that have impact on the current story.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Standard formatting in the story writing section, such as use of 'tab'

I never use the 'story' section to put any of my actual writing into StoryShop because formatting the text is slow and frustrating. I can't use 'tab' to indent paragraphs for instance, and if I copy and paste text, I have to go through every single paragraph anyway.

I would love to use the story section if it formatted my work when I copy and pasted it in. I wouldn't write straight into StoryShop as my work doesn't feel backed-up there, but currently, trying to format my words correctly is time-consuming and frustrating. Every time I attempt to use it,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make offline app

I love StoryShop! I haven't been this excited since Scrivener, that being said, sometimes my internet is cut off for random reasons, so is there any way there could be an offline part of this app? Evernote and Lynda Dot Com has their versions, and I suspect StoryShop could do an offline even freaking cooler!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On the Fly Character/Element Creation

When I'm writing and outlining I often throw placeholder names and elements. Then I'll go through and replace everything with real names after I'm done with my writing session.

By being able to type an @/# and have the option to create new we could add place holders in without having to break our flow.

The way to do this now is that we have to click the create new in the sidebar, then navigate back to where we were. This can break a really good flow during a writing session.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. iOS App

I write on an iPhone and iPad. Having an app is pretty important because the website experience really isn't that stable on mobile.

Additionally, having an app would allow for specific keyboard short cuts and other features to be put in place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add more word counts in Writer for individual scenes and "folders" with multiple text documents underneath.

When writing, I usually need to know the word count of the scene I'm writing even more than I need to know the total word count, especially since I don't write in order and always have a couple thousand words from later in the book written that mess up the total words written and where I need to be in the plot at a given word count. It was incredibly difficult trying to keep track of where my words were going in the book without being able to see the word counts of my scenes in Writer unless I navigated…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Standard Character Attributes

It would be helpful if there was a list of standard attributes you will want to know for most characters. Sex, age, height, hair & eye colour, job and so on. It would save time if I could change a setting so that each new character inherited a box for each of those for me to just fill in. I may want to create my own but I know all my characters will have an age and a height and a job. It would also be helpful if, having creating a unique one, you could then simply add that to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Add beat button

Have an "add beats" button accessible from anywhere on the page so we don't have to scroll all the way down and move them beat back up to where we were before. It would be nice to be able to create a beat in a specific spot without navigating to the bottom of the page.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Subworlds" to help organize different locations in your world.

There are characters and elements within a world that will likely never be directly relevant to one-another. When you have a large world (like, for instance, a galaxy or universe), it gets cluttered rather quickly. It would be nice to sort things like towns, cities, countries, planets, etc. into kinds of "subworlds" of their own.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. get rid of [blank] added a character unless the project is shared with someone and it was not done by you [the owner]

Whenever I'm working on adding characters and changing information around, I always get this annoying pop-up with my email saying I made a character. Yes, I know I made one because I... just did it. I don't need a notification about what I'm doing to my own project, plus the pop-ups are quite annoying since every time I add a new character/element/whatever, the pop-ups seem to multiply and take up even more of my screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Access Stories from world landing page

When you click on a World we have the option to invite someone, which isn't needed every time we open a world for the day. What would be great is if there was a link to the stories in that world with some relevant information like word count, status, and/or goal end date. It would make the world landing page more relevant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. expand/enlarge the video graphic on the QUICK-TOUR.

Enlarging the video for the Quick-Tour introduction would be a big help for us myopic writers struggling to make out details on a small screen Ipad. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More relationship choices.

I'd like more relationship choices. Especially pet. Some of my characters are animals, and I'd like to link them as such. Other covers too much ground.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. duplicate template

I'd love to be able to duplicate a template so that I could edit it. I see a place to create my own template, but rather than have to copy the template I want to modify, it would be great if I could take a premade template, duplicate it as a custom template, then make my own adjustments to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Groupable Characters

Before I get to the suggestion, I have to give you guys some praise. The difference between the Storyshop beta and the current version is night and day, and I am super impressed with it. It's already showing itself to be an extraordinary tool and has given my co-author and I a huge boost in inspiration.

Okay, now for the suggestion! I would like to see an ability to group characters under faction tabs. For example, three characters belong in "The Conduits" supervillain faction, and four characters in "the Resistance." It would be awesome to have collapsible tabs that allow…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

StoryShop.io General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base